embedding ASL in pdf/html

Tue Mar 23 18:37:18 UTC 2010

Hi Alan,

Build and BSW both represent the same data for individual signs.

Here are 2 images for the same sign:
http://www.signbank.org/swis/glyphogram.php?bsw=00802220f8eff8ef904af8f9f8e200812220904a
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/image.php?build=01-05-012-01-03-01,112,112,02-06-001-02-01-11,122,99

For the BSW, 0080 is a sign box marker.

The next BSW character is 2220 which is the char for symbol
01-05-012-01-03-01.  In the iswa.php file of swis, the functions
code2name and name2code can go back and forth.

The next BSW character is f8ef for number 112.  In bsw.php and bsw.js,
the functions num2hex and hex2num are used for conversion.

The next BSW character is f8ef for number 112.

The next BSW character is 904a for symbol 02-06-001-02-01-11.

The next BSW character is f8f9 for number 112.

The next BSW character is f8e2 for number 99.

The next part of the BSW is 00812220904a.  0081 is a sequence marker.
The sequence of a sign is not used for display, but for searching,
sorting, and parsing.  The build format does not support the sequence.

I'm not finished with SWIS yet.  I'm glad it's useful.

Regards,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help