embedding ASL in pdf/html

Tue Mar 23 22:16:59 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
March 23, 2010

Hi Alan -
SignMaker and SignText are tools within SignPuddle software.

SignMaker is for writing individual signs that are saved as entries into dictionaries in SignPuddle. For example, the entries in the ASL Dictionary online were written with SignMaker. Go to:

ASL Dictionary in SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=4

The 8263 signs were all written in SignMaker and saved to the dictionary....

SignText is used to write sign language literature...for writing full sentences and stories and documents in written sign languages - "text" in written sign languages...

Go to the ASL Literature Puddle to see documents written in SignText...

ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

SignMaker can be used to write the titles of the documents created in SignText too...

The software is very flexible!

Val ;-)