Introduction of the newbie

2127721 2127721 at UWC.AC.ZA
Thu May 6 15:28:25 UTC 2010

Hi Valerie,

I forgot to introduce myself to the mailing list sorry,

My name Jameel, i'm from South Africa and i'm at the University of the
Western Cape. We have a SASL research group are involved in translation
systems for Sign Language. My research looks at the data capturing of
video and using a Sign Language notation for the annotation of video
content. I would like to build a Video Annotation System embeded inside
a Wiki. I've had a look at different Sign Language notation systems for
representing Sign Language namely Hamnosys and Stokoe, but i found that
Sign Writer was better suited to the type of system that I wish to
implement.  I'm currently fixing the some bugs, but when i deploy the
system I'll post the link to the server.

I've had a look at Elan, SignStream and Anvil.

Sign Writer is so easy to understand, i'm glad i came across this
notation system. :)

Kindest regards
-jadam