Data exchange with SignPuddle Markup Language

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 27 20:17:21 UTC 2010

I am curious as to how you wrote the sequential sentence below with SW symbols imbedded in a straightforward English sentence when I can't get the symbols to actually print in a sentence to save my life.  If you can imbed in an email, why can't I imbed in an Excel file without being very tedious in looking up every single sign, copying a graphic into a separate graphic file, importing that graphic into the Excel file and sizing it multiple times.

I thought that computers were supposed to do repetitive tasks like this, so I am not very confused.

Charles

________________________________
From: Bill Reese <wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Sent: Thu, May 27, 2010 4:05:12 PM
Subject: Re: Data exchange with SignPuddle Markup Language

Steve,
The attachment point way you mention seems to be a polar coordinate system rather than the cartesian coordinate system you're using right now.  It lacks the distance specification, which would need to be related somehow to the symbol it's attached to.  So I would agree that using a different coordinate system to define attachment points is probably not much different than defining symbol origin points using cartesian coordinates.  However, the one advantage it seems to have is establishing a relationship between symbols.   In theory, this would allow you to place the first symbol in a sign spelling sequence at a known origin point and then traversing through the polar coordinates from one symbol to the next in a sequential manner.

Bill