articles or publications about Valerie Sutton ond/or SignWriting

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 3 11:57:52 UTC 2010

There are many academic references to Sign Writing out there - here are just a few:

Flood, Cecilia Mary. 2002. How do deaf and hard of hearing students experience learning to write using signwriting, a way to read and write signs? [s.l.]: University of New Mexico.

Gangel-Vasques, Janice. 1997. Literacy in Nicaraguan Sign Language Assessing "Written Sign" Recognition Skills at the Escuelita de Bluefields. Monography, California State University, Dominguez Hills, CA.

Heylen, Kathleen, and Sara Geudens. 2005. Using SignWriting to teach VGT (Flemish Sign Language). In ICED - International Council for the Educating of the Deaf. Maastricht: http://www.signwriting.org/belgium/kasterlinden12.html#kasterpresentation.

Martin, John C. 2007. Writing and Signed Languages. Master, monograph, College of Art and Sciences, Linguistics Program, University of South Carolina.

Rosenberg, Amy. 1999. Writing Signed Languages. In Support of Adopting an ASL Writing System, Linguistics.

Shaira, Mohammad Ismael Mahmoud Abu. 2007. The Effect of SignWriting on the Achievement and Acquisition of Vocabulary by Deaf Students at “Al-Amal School for the Deaf” in the City of Amman-Jordan. monography, Graduate School Special Education, Jordan University, Amman, Jordan.

Greetings from

Ingvild Roald, dr. philos, bergen, Norway