SignWriting Document Preservation Project

Mon Nov 29 22:36:20 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
November 29, 2010

As a part of our SignWriting Document Preservation Project, that started in 2009, we are offering to copy, free to everyone, any of your old SignWriting documents and dictionaries, sign by sign, into SignPuddle Online for you...

Just send us your old files, either handwritten and scanned into the computer, or files written with SignWriter DOS (files that end with .DIC and .DIN or .SGN) or written with other computer programs - doesn't matter what the format - and we will find a way to copy your documents into SignPuddle -

Once this is done, you can use the new files in SignPuddle to create your own new documents using a a list of different software opportunities which I can help you with...

Plus, others will benefit from your work online and your documents will not go to waste sitting on a shelf somewhere without being read - smile -

Here is a web page that describes the project:

SignWriting Document Preservation Project
http://www.signwriting.org/literature/preservation

And attached is a pdf description...

I hope to hear from you about your old files...