AW: Writing signs with centers

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 8 11:10:49 UTC 2010

Would it be possible to program a new symbol that would anchor the center of a sign, as the head or the torso do? This symbol should be just a dot on the screen an dissapear (be transparent) when printed or when so chosen. Such a symbol could keep a the flat hand mentioned below in its place.

Ingvild

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:31:01 -0700
From: chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Subject: Re: AW: Writing sign sentences in 5 possible directions
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU

In terms of directionality and lanes, I have a query.  Often in transcribing tapes, the head nods or the eyes change direction at a particular point before or after a sign.  It would be easier for me to treat them as punctuation than try to put them in the same box.  In that case, I almost want to put them, alone, in the left lane, as punctuation, and be able to put the sign in the middle lane parallel to the face change.  Same thing happens with hands that are held through a sign.  If I try to put them in a particular place in the box, they are moved to the right or the left rather than being pinned down to the exact same space in each sign I create.  If it's a grid, I want it to be a grid that I can actually say (at point 150,150) so that the hand that is held is where it is like, holding a flat hand vertical and pointing all around it.  The flat hand sits there and the pointer hand moves all over.  It's multiple signs in one sense, or one sign in a writing since.

Any ideas.