Writing signs with centers... Anchor Points

Fri Oct 8 18:05:01 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
October 8, 2010

> On Oct 8, 2010, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Would it be possible to program a new symbol that would anchor the center of a sign, as the head or the torso do? This symbol should be just a dot on the screen an dissapear (be transparent) when printed or when so chosen. Such a symbol could keep a the flat hand mentioned below in its place. Ingvild

Hello Ingvild!
Great to hear from you again. Hope we can meet on Skype one of these days?...if you have time let's make an appointment ;-)

Regarding the automatic centering of signs, based on the center of the head and shoulders, that does happen in SignPuddle automatically once the sign is saved in the sentence and the entire sentence is saved, the Lanes are centered by the signs with heads and shoulders....

But the idea of an Anchor Point, for writers to use while they are composing or writing a sign, to anchor the hand or head based on prior writing of other signs...while working in the SignBox, that is a very interesting idea and I like that idea, although I have no idea how hard that would be to program...

Meanwhile I want you to know that Steve did briefly mention your message to me about this, and told me that right now he is away from his computer but that sometime next week he will be posting a message related to other programming issues for BSW, and will comment on your idea -

So the answer or discussion will come sometime next week -

Thanks for the great idea -