Understanding the rules for centering a sign

Sun Oct 10 16:19:13 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
October 9, 2010

On Oct 9, 2010, at 10:19 AM, Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
> Val writes: FOUR LEVELS OF CENTERING SIGNS in SENTENCES in 3 VERTICAL LANES
> 1. HEAD (the central Head, if there are more than one head from left to right)
> Are  there more than one head from top to down?  Options? André

---------

Hello Andre!
Thank you for this question. Yes, sometimes we write with more than one Facial Circle or Head Circle, because there are multiple facial expressions or mouth movements or head movements. There are several ways to write this...

1. horizontal
2. vertical
3. and any other direction or combination the writer chooses!

Writers write the multiple head and faces in the way that feels best for them. And then Steve has the hard job of figuring out how the SignPuddle program will automatically center the sign in a sentence...Here are some examples: