SignWriter DOS on Windows Vista 64-bit

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Wed Oct 13 15:20:32 UTC 2010

Thank Val and Steve,
     I got SignWriter DOS working.  I had difficulty at first with the
keyboard typing in DOSBOX to get to the dirrectory to run the program.
Especially the backslash and tilde but found the ascii values (Alt-Gr
92) \ and (Alt-Gr 126) ~

On 10/12/2010 9:10 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> October 12, 2010
>
> Yes...SignWriter DOS is a fully-functioning program, by installing DosBox first, and then installing SignWriter DOS, and it runs on Macs and all Windows platforms too...DoSBox has made SignWriter Dos a living program all these years...
>
> http://www.dosbox.com/
>
> And there are also other related SignWriter programs you can download ...Go to:
>
> SignWriting Downloads
> http://www.signwriting.org/downloads/
>
> and to download the different SignWriter programs ...they are numbers 5, 6, 7, and 11 on the downloads page...
>
> SignWriter Java is a fully functioning version of SignWriter DOS that was transferred into Java, that works on Mac and Windows without DosBox...but it cannot print. Other than that it runs well without any other program to help it. Many programmers tried to get it to print, but all informed us that it would have to be completely re-programmed and re-built to print, and that is why we are so looking forward to your SignWriter Studio, Jonathan...
>
> SignWriter Tiger, by Daniel Noelpp Ly, really is a beautiful attempt to re-design SignWriter in Java (Tiger version)...the first version I tried was so impressive...
What where your favorite features?

--

Jonathan Duncan
email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>