QUESTION...Which do you prefer in ASL?

Tue Sep 21 20:23:22 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
September 21,2010

Hello SW List Members -

Hope you are doing well...

We are producing very thick books in SignWriting now...some have over 500 pages...and since my style of book layout design includes page numbers in both spoken language (Arabic numerals) and sign language (for example, page numbers in ASL), this means that we have to have page numbers in ASL developed and ready to place on book pages, for numbers 1-500 or more...

So I am preparing folders of just ASL page numbers in different sizes for different formats and software, to help book designers place the ASL page numbers easily... These ASL page numbers will be placed on the web free for download as soon as I am done...

So I have a question about the ASL numbers over 100...do we write the sign for 100, which is a C Hand, or do we use the 0 Hand instead? For example, which one do you prefer of these two attached? Are both correct ASL?