ANNOUNCING! Primer Diccionari General i Etimologic de la Llengua de Signes Catalana

Ronald Dettloff signpreach at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sat Dec 17 19:58:35 UTC 2011

Lord be with us.

R. H.  Dettloff

________________________________
 From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCING! Primer Diccionari General i Etimologic de la Llengua de Signes Catalana

SignWriting List
December 17, 2011

Ha! This is a dictionary from SPAIN, not Brazil!

You are right that the Brazilians are also publishing beautiful dictionaries and there will be a new one from Brazil in February, 2012.

But right  now, in November 2011, SPAIN published their own new dictionary from Barcelona. I am so happy to have this beautiful new publication written in Catalan Sign Language in SignWriting. It was a labor of love for 10 years by the author, Ramon Ferrerons.

...and Ron, you are doing great work translating the Bible into American Sign Language too - so there are many publications around the world in SignWriting now -

My only problem is finding they time to archive all the accomplishments around the world -

That is why it is important to post messages to the SignWriting List announcing different publications and events - that way the events are archived in the SignWriting List Archives for history...

Val ;-)

--------

Wow! This is why the Brazilians are passing us.