our graphics quality is excellent

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Mon Dec 26 18:32:30 UTC 2011

Some people don't have Photoshop so I looked for a another way to work
with Stepan's PDF files.

I opened his PDF file of the column in GSview, which runs Ghostscript.
I then chose Edit->convert to vector format->magick driver.  This driver
uses GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick to do conversions.  I have
GraphicsMagick installed on the Windows XP system I was doing this on.
When naming the output file, I gave it an ".svg" extension, which tells
the driver what format I want to convert to.  After conversion, I opened
the file in Inkscape and deleted a couple of black boxes obscuring the
images and also a black curve in the arrow of the the fourth sign.
Then, like Stefan, I did a little different layout, grouping into signs
first, then moving the signs around.

Bill