AW: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 11 21:24:10 UTC 2011

Hi Valerie,

great to see new E-lessons - -- I love to study all your instructions,
spellings, suggestions, ...

In this case - I am afraid  - the sign might be easily misinterpreted as
first part signing in height of the shoulder and second part down below the
hip!!  - smile - Know what I mean?

All the best

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011 22:07
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

SignWriting List
January 11, 2011

New SignWriting E-Lesson Posted: Question 0097
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less083.html

QUESTION 0097

Contact on the NECK and SHOULDERS
How do we write a movement that is relating to the lower part of the neck?
Do I use the Shoulder Line and place the hands on top of the Shoulder Line?
The movement looks too low on the chest when I write it that way, and the
hands cover up the Shoulder Line and it is hard to read the hands on top of
the Shoulders...

ANSWER 0097

The Neck Symbol is attached to the circle for the Head: