SignWriting in Portugal - New project developing materials

Sun Jan 16 16:58:35 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
January 15, 2011

Hello Rafa!
Welcome to the SignWriting List, and thank you for introducing your project. I am happy your Masters Degree thesis will, in the second part, be about SignWriting ;-)

You have my collaboration and interest in your project. I look forward to working with you on translating SignWriting materials into Portuguese and Portuguese Sign Language, and other parts of your project. Continue to ask questions here on the List about software and writing signs...that is the purpose of the SW List, is to provide technical support for both software and writing signs and sign literature.

I just gave you Editor status in the Portuguese SignPuddle:

Portuguese SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index3.html#sgn-PT

There are now two editors...Rafaela Silva and Jorge Rodrigues ;-)

Anyone can add signs to a SignPuddle online, and then they can edit their own signs...

But Editors can edit all signs in the dictionary, no matter who wrote them.

Whenever you use SignPuddle, be sure to login with your password, because then you get more features for editing.

I believe you have already started to translate this book into Portuguese and Portuguese Sign Language? That will be a true gift for the world. Thank you. I will help you all the way...