Editing SignWriting Documents Around the World

Thu Jan 27 16:03:12 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
January 27, 2011

Dear SW List Members:

Today I am starting a new thread:

Editing SignWriting Documents Around the World
SignSpelling Guidelines for Seven Common Spelling Issues

The signs I will use for these lessons will be from published SignWriting documents with permission from the authors, who have requested feedback on their SignSpellings...

When signs are hard to read, there usually is a reason ;-)

There are literally thousands who use SignWriting around the world, and some of the documents need  editing, so I will teach while I edit, on the SignWriting List - but only from documents where I have permission from the authors...there is no need for me to mention the documents unless I have permission to do so, but the individual signs are what we will be discussing.

I have permission to mention the name of one of the projects I will be editing...It is from Arizona, in ASL, by Natasha Escalada-Westland. I will explain Natasha's project in a future message. Natasha requested feedback on her writing...

When I post a sign, and discuss the SignSpelling, I will also post the question and answer in the SignWriting eLessons section on the web:

SignWriting eLessons
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: