ISWA 2010 for Implementers

Mon May 2 17:56:44 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan and list,

I believe I have finalized the SignPuddle Online data conversion.  Many
sign languages are represented.  Each puddle is available as a single
XML file.  These files are meant for programmers and analysts.
Thousands of sign entries organized in XML files that can be efficiently
processed.  Please let me know of any problems.

You can access the SPML files directly:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle1.6/data/spml

Or you can try the SignPuddle 1.6 beta.  Navigate to the Export page of
the desired puddle and export the source for the entire puddle:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle1.6

The proposed Unicode symbol strings have not been stable.  Several
changes have occurred over the years.  The last change for SignPuddle
was initiated April 29th by an agreement Jonathan and myself.  This
agreement is consistent with Michael Everson's preliminary Unicode
proposal of April 4th with the addition of 2 characters.

I'm proud to say the ISWA 2010 has been stable since July 6th, 2010.  No
symbol design or details have changed.

If anyone else has implemented the ISWA 2010 in software, database, or
design model, please let me know about it.  How do you identify symbols?

Regards,
-Steve