Learning to write

janete martins janetemartins10 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 13:58:50 UTC 2011

Hi, all

I'm an interpreter of LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language), and I working with a deaf teen in the (Fiffh grade of regular education) - sorry, I don't know if I wrote about the grade correct. I holpe you understand! - But the fact is, the deaf teen is 16 years old and until now not learned to write the portuguese language. I started working with him in March of this year, and I'm so worried how I can help him. I would like to Know how is the method of teaching in your country to teach deaf people learn to write the oral language, since the phonic method seems not suitable?
I hope you can help me, so I can make more independent the life of deaf.

Thanks,
Janete