AW: flipping and moving - what symbol

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 14 19:06:21 UTC 2011

Thanks - I did look for the travel-with-rotation symbol , but writing both posistions would be enough, it seems. Sorry I did send two signs - the questen was about the one on the right. The first one means 'equal', the second one 'equation'. The hands flip/ rotate with the little finger side as axis - no separate travel, just the one that results from this 180 degree rotation. Agree this is enough - just had to make sure - this is part of a paper I just wrote for a terminology journal ...

Ingvild

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:54:47 +0100
From: stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Subject: AW: flipping and moving - what symbol
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

I agree – I can read the
sign perfectly!

Von: SignWriting
List: Read and Write Sign Languages [mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton

Gesendet: Montag, 14. November
2011 19:38

An:
SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Betreff: Re: flipping and moving -
what symbol

SignWriting List

November 14, 2011

Hello Ingvild and everyone -

Thanks for this question...

What you have written below tells me the following:

1. the two hands start contacting each other, with the index finger on
a fist, palms parallel and facing the floor

2. then the two hands move to the side, the right to the right side and
the left to the left side

3. at the end of the movement side, the handshapes have become flat
hands parallel to the floor with the palms up, and the thumbs are out to the
side

if I have read this correctly, then I don't think any other symbol is
necessary -

You could write a Rotation Symbol, but Rotation Symbols do not travel
to the side - they stay in one place - there are Rotation arrows combined with
straight arrows in the ISWA 2010, but they are advanced symbols and I don't
think any Rotation Symbol is necessary if I read it correctly above…

Val ;-)

-----

On Nov 14, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:

The hands move posistion as
the flip - what would be the right sybol?

Ingvild