AW: DELEGS SignWriting Editing software, University of Hamburg

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 5 20:46:03 UTC 2011

Hi Valerie,

I would like to discuss your questions within our next meeting coming
Monday. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.

2. What is the direct link to the software?

Follow this link:

http://wpspc20.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/SignWritingEditor3/

 “How did you compose the full sentence? I got individual signs, but maybe I
just keep typing a sentence in spoken language?”

You are right! Just go ahead and type word by word. Or copy and paste from a
word document.

Whenever there are more than one entry for a given term you can look for
alternative signs with the little blue triangles which show up if you move
the mouse over the signwriting symbols. (see attached gifs)

Well I understand that we will need to write a short tutorial – smile .  But
I can tell you – it is a wonderful program and teachers for deaf and hard of
hearing, SL -  interpreters, SL-instructors, signers, parents, medical
staff,   will take so much advantage out of this.

Stefan

  _____