Wed Oct 12 16:48:44 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
October 12, 2011

Beautiful work, Steve!

I am still reading and trying out all your links - it all seems to be working beautifully...

So let me ask to be sure I understand -

Can we say now, that the "Search by Symbols" feature in SignPuddle 1.6, allows us to:

1. search for all the signs that use a specific SignWriting symbol in SignMaker entries (dictionary entries) and SignText entries (literature entries)

2. search for combinations of symbols

3. search for symbols combined with location

4. search for exact SignSpellings

If this is all true, then we can finally say that searches can be conducted on SignWriting literature documents, which is what linguists have been asking for, for years -

I would like to announce this to the Sign Language Linguist LIst (SLLING) because there are several linguists who have requested this feature before...

But I also understand that the "Search by Symbol Frequency" feature does not search on literature in SignText yet - it is only the "Search by Symbols" feature that can do that so far, is that right?

It is all fantastic and thank you!!

-----

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: