SignWriter Studio Beta 5.2!!

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Wed Oct 19 19:48:55 UTC 2011

On 19/10/2011 9:31 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> October 19, 2011
>
> Thank you Jonathan, Bill and Andre for posting and testing SignWriter
> Studio Beta 5.2.
>
> I just downloaded it and opened it fine.  But I am still lost as to
> how to find actual signs written in SignWriting in the Sample file. It
> tells me to open another module and then when I do it either tells me
> that that module is not working yet or there are no signs written
> there - I realize this seems like a silly problem because I should
> know better - I have seen the program working well before and I really
> loved it, so I have great hopes we can reach that stage again -
Hi Val,
     Try this.

   A sample one comes with the download.  From the menu select "Open
SignWriter Studio File". Look in the folder you installed the software.
Choose the file Sample.SWS.   Go to Modules/Dictionary in the menu.
Type in a word or part of a word to search in the dictionary in the
Gloss Search text box.  If you leave it blank and press enter, you will
get a full list of everything in the dictionary.  If you double click on
a sign writing you will get the SignWriter Editor.

I hope this helps.  I would also love to Skype with if you latter.

Jonathan

> I suggest, Jonathan, that we make a Skype appointment and together you
> will teach me what to do step by step and that way you will get
> specific feedback.
>
> Today the electric company in my area claims they will turn off our
> electricity for 6 hours for maintenance (smile ;-) so today is not a
> good day - but write to me privately and we will find a time and get
> SignWriter Studio working -
>
> And Bill and Andre a special appreciation to both of you - I know how
> busy you are - thank you for your efforts -
>
> Val ;-)
>
> -------
>

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 6:53 AM, Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
>
>> *Hi Jonathan and everyone,*
>> **
>> *    I did download.  Yesterday, I emailed the same message below to
>> you.*
>>
>>     **
>>     *    Best regards,*
>>     **