can SignPuddle render a glyph with the hand1 font?

Alan Post alanpost at SUNFLOWERRIVER.ORG
Tue Sep 20 10:53:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 03:16:29PM -0500, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On 9/20/11 5:30 AM, Alan Post wrote:
> >Will you show me how to see hand-shapes
> >for glyphs using SWIS2 and the hand1 font?
> That doesn't work right now.  Only PNG, SVG, and ASCII are currently
> implemented.
>
> I did play around with the idea of expanding the hand photos into a
> usable font.  I have all of the scripts ready to rotate and mirror
> the photo images, but for some reason my Ubuntu server could only
> process a couple of hand shapes before a hard crash would shut down
> the computer.  I couldn't determine the reason why this was
> happening and I couldn't come up with a work around, so I dropped
> the idea.  I may revisit this idea in the future when I rebuild my
> Ubuntu server.
>
> For now, the hand1 font is only for reference, as used in the ISWA
> 2010 HTML Reference:
> http://www.signbank.org/iswa
>
> Regards,
> -Steve

Thank you for confirming, Steve.  I'll manually go through the
reference and grab the ~40 hand photos I'm interested in, and call
it good!

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du