Position symbols (Resends. Fail signmail)

Tue Apr 3 16:21:33 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
April 3, 2012

Hello Madson, Adam and everyone -

Yes, Adam is pointing out what I taught him, which is that the Surface Symbols (or Position Symbols) are used rarely, and most of the time, we can write the actual positioning of the hand symbols in such a way, that we can see that one hand is above, below, or in front of, or in back of the other… without using the Surface Symbols…

So if you can write the two hands visually, so the position is clear enough, like Adam has written attached, then the Surface Symbols are not even needed - I can see from Adam's diagrams which one is in front or behind the other…

Meanwhile, I am preparing a better explanation of these symbols now and will post it shortly -

Val ;-)

-------