SignPuddle 2.0 coming this week

Mon Apr 16 21:35:45 UTC 2012

Hi Arthaey,

>> I have not completed the move of the ISWA 2010 font software to GitHub yet.
>>   It is available online: http://www.signpuddle.net/iswa/
> What is your timeline for migrating the code to GitHub?

The current file based fonts are ready to load any time.  I just need to
make the time to do it. Each font is around 15 MB zipped, but 100 MB
unzipped due to minimum file size.

I was planning to create 2 additional formats: database and XML files.
These wouldn't have the same size expansion issue.  There isn't any real
technical issue here, I just need to take the time to do it.

The font files contain the images for the SignWriting symbols.  The
SignWriting Image Server contains the code that utilizes the fonts.
SWIS is already on GitHub.

> Do you have a bug/feature-request list somewhere?
I plan on using the GitHub issue tracker for this.  For now, I've been
fixing the bugs as I find them.  I have a bunch of notes written on
paper, but I have not compiled a feature-request list.

After I have SignPuddle 2 installed, I have a little work to get the
PersonalPuddle ready.  Then I'll be working on the SignWriting Image
Server for new editors that work in the modern browsers.

Regards,
-Steve