SignWriting and SiGML

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 9 17:33:08 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
August 9, 2012

Hello Honza and everyone -

Shane wrote awhile ago:

>>> This is really the difference between SignWriting and HamNoSys.
>>> SiGML is
>>> based on HamNoSys, which is an analysis of the sign language, where
>>> SignWriting is a writing of the sign language.

So SiGML is HamNoSys, not SignWriting….

So that would require special software to write in SignWriting, with the purpose of creating HamNoSys SiGML code...

Our organization has never worked directly with the HanNoSys organization to create such a program. I have never heard of such a program.

But perhaps someone else has created a program like that?

I know Dr.Penny Boyes Braem and her colleagues are working with both systems…

Penny is no longer on the SignWriting List, but I would suggest writing to them - I will send you their email addresses privately -

Val ;-)

-------