Diffusion of SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Aug 25 19:31:20 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
August 25, 2012

See my answer below -

------

On Aug 25, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Arthaey Angosii wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Valerie Sutton <signwriting at mac.com> wrote:
>> I LOVE the magic of searching Google for SignWriting and finding new
>> projects almost weekly!
>
> I wanted to point out http://www.google.com/alerts can search Google
> for you and email you only new results immediately, once a day, or
> once a week. You might enjoy creating an alert for SignWriting. :)
> Arthaey

-----------

Hello Arthaey and Maria -
Thank you for this idea, Arthaey - I just did this…I signed up for "SignWriting sign language" …it is important say sign language in the search because otherwise you get a bunch of sites that paint neon signs on buildings - which is a profession called Signwriting in some countries…so if you do what Arthaey suggests, Maria, be sure to put "SignWriting sign language" in the search field…

And I got this listing:

Some we clearly know, but there are a few I never heard of...

SignWriting For Sign Languages
SignWriting: Read, write, type all Sign Languages of the Deaf. Sign Languages are written languages! Free lessons, literature, software. Shop online for ...
www.signwriting.org/
SignWriting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SignWriting is a system of writing sign languages. It is highly featural and visually iconic, both in the shapes of the characters, which are abstract pictures of the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting
Sutton SignWriting
It uses visual symbols to represent the handshapes, movements, and facial expressions of signed languages. SignWriting is based on Sutton DanceWriting, ...
www.omniglot.com/writing/signwriting.htm
Software for Writing Sign Languages
SignWriting Software for Sign Languages, including SignPuddle Online, SignBank Databases in FileMaker, SignWriting DocumentMaker, SignWriting Image ...
www.signbank.org/
Signwriting - A Written Form of Sign Language, Signwriting
SignWriting is a way to produce a written form of sign language, and has educational benefits for deaf children.
deafness.about.com/cs/signwriting/a/signwriting.htm
signwriting American Sign Language (ASL)
Mar 13, 2007 ... Research is demonstrating that the techniques of sign writing, along with learning sign language, are increasing children's skills in language ...
www.lifeprint.com/asl101/topics/signwriting2.htm
SignWriting For Sign Languages - YouTube
Sign Language and SignWriting signwriting 66 views 2 months ago signed in ASL by Lucinda O'Grady Batch Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting signed in ...
www.youtube.com/user/signwriting
Sign for WRITE | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary
Signing Savvy, Your Sign Language Resource · New User? Sign Up! forgot password? Home · Dictionary · Learning · FAQ · About Us ...
www.signingsavvy.com/sign/WRITE/492/1
A SignWriting-Based Approach to Sign Language Processing
coding sign language texts, written in SignWriting, in an application and computer ... Section 4 pictures the overall scenario of SignWriting-based sign language ...
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1...
SignWriting For Sign Languages
SignWriting Encyclopedia Projects Writing Encyclopedias in the Sign Languages of the World Encyclopedia Project
www.signwriting.org/images/encyclopedia03.jpg
SignWriting for Sign Languages | Facebook
SignWriting for Sign Languages. 23 likes · 1 talking about this.
www.facebook.com/pages/SignWriting.../354367874601038
Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign - EURAC
Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign Languages. From SignWriting to Image Processing. Information techniques and their implications for ...
dev.eurac.edu:8080/sign/program.pdf
Towards a Wikipedia for signed languages — Wikimedia blog
Jun 1, 2012 ... SignWriting is the international script for writing any sign language. It was invented by Valerie Sutton in 1974. It was written by hand exclusively ...
blog.wikimedia.org/.../towards-a-wikipedia-for-signed-langua...
SignWriting -Based Sign Language Processing
This paper proposes an approach to the computer processing of deaf sign languages that uses SignWriting as the writing system for deaf sign languages, and ...
dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=728733
Links & SignWriting - Nicaraguan Sign Language Projects, Inc.
In 1996, we began experimenting with a literacy project. Our intention was to teach Deaf Nicaraguans to read and write their own language. Please consider: ...
nicaraguansignlanguageprojects.org/Links___SignWriting.php
SignWriting and Swiss German Sign Language Short Report Dr - HfH
1. Research and Products. This project represents the first attempt to write Swiss German Sign Language texts using 'SignWriting' notation. Although there is still ...
www.hfh.ch/.../383a7bfb50ff6b0ee5f620caeb630b56_Dore-K...
SignWriting in Belgium
Sign Language
www.signwriting.org/belgium/belgium.gif
Supporting Deaf Sign Languages in Written Form on the Web
The SignWriting system is a writing system for deaf sign languages. ... Keywords: Deaf sign languages, SignWriting, SignWriting Markup Language, SWML, ...
www10.org/cdrom/posters/1011.pdf
A Study of Notation and Sign Writing Systems for the Deaf
sign or a signed sentence for everyday purposes. In this paper, after describing previous notation systems in sign language, the most suitable sign writing ...
www.uri.edu/iaics/content/.../08%20Mihoko%20Kato.pdf
SignWriting-Based Sign Language Processing
ing of deaf sign languages that uses SignWriting as the writing system for deaf sign languages, and SWML (SignWriting Markup Language) as its computer ...
www.springerlink.com/index/0kpv80gu7tywk39u.pdf
Valerie Sutton (signwriting) on Twitter
@signwriting. Sign Languages are written languages! Read and write any sign language in the world. The Center for Sutton Movement Writing is an educational ...
a0.twimg.com/.../Valerie_Sutton_Inventor_SignWriting_Nam...
Charity Car Donation - SignWriting Literacy Project For Deaf Students
Learn to read and write Sign Languages in SignWriting; Write and preserve Sign Language literature that is originally composed in Sign Language by Deaf ...
www.givecars.com/signwriting-charity/menu-signing.html
ScriptSource - American Sign Language written with SignWriting script
Status, Currently in use. Use, limited use. Language, American Sign Language [ ase]. Script, SignWriting [Sgnw]. CLDR Locale ...
scriptsource.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=wrSys...
Deano's Sign Language - Signwriters - Wodonga, VIC - Yellow ...
Signwriters in Wodonga, Victoria, 3690 - Deano's Sign Language, Hand Painted and Computer Generated Signs, Designs, Logos + More! - Yellow Pages® ...
www.yellowpages.com.au/.../deanos-sign-language-14010810...
Words and what not: #SignWriting goes #
This will benefit all the sign languages in the world. The list in the PDF of sign languages that are already written in SignWriting is impressively long.
1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xm8MVQsNllQ/...c/.../SignWriting.png

-------

signwriting at mac.com
www.signwriting.org

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs