Public SignPuddles...what analysis?

MARIA GALEA maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Wed Aug 29 10:14:27 UTC 2012

It is for a section in my dissertation - where I will be presenting the
SignPuddles and a little cross-comparison. That way I can understand which
countries are actively using the Puddles and which ones have higher
entries.

Then from this cross-comparison, I hope to analyze a little more in-depth
2 more Literature SignPuddles (ones which have large entries) in order to
be able to see our Malta literature puddle, and the evolution of this
orthography in perspective and objectively.

I don't think i will be going into Dictionary Puddles in this depth -as my
focus is text-writing from which orthography evolves.  The process of
writing single-entries (one signs) is different from text-writing so I
don't think i will be considering this in depth - although it does deserve
a study in itself.

Once I am able to give any insights about the findings, I promise to share
with the List. And naturally as soon as the dissertation is ready, I hope
for it to be downloadable as a pdf from the SignWriting website...step by
step ..still got far to go.

maria