Smart font for ISWA 2010

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Dec 12 19:05:51 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
12/12/2012

What a cool date it is today - 12/12/12 - WOW!!

Eduardo and Steve -
I am sooo thrilled with your work Eduardo…I tried to follow the instructions to use Graphite on my computer, and I stopped the process when I got a warning on my computer saying that I better be careful because this could possibly damage files or be a problem ….so I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this change-over or not? So I didn't do it…

Should I do it? I would love to test your Graphite work…

Also I have a second question…

If we provide fonts with smaller symbol-sets, just for ASL or just for one other sign language, such as LIBRAS, doesn't that create a problem for us if we wanted later, to copy and paste documents between Wikipedias for different sign languages, etc?

That is why I was hopeful that Jonathan's  compressed font development might work better instead providing us with one two-colored font for the entire ISWA, rather than separate fonts for each sign language? Or have I completely misunderstood what is happening?

Please forgive my non-programmer language and ideas - I am really excited and grateful for these developments -

Val ;-)

-----