News from Rome: thesis, SW workshop & Conf. for Elena Pizzuto

Thu Jan 12 15:11:35 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
January 12, 2012

Hello Claudia, and everyone from Italy -

I am so deeply happy with this report, Claudia. Thank you for telling us about the SignWriting work in Italy, here on the SignWriting List.

There is so much information in this report, I have read it twice and I need to read it again to absorb all that has happened.

You are right. Elena was like a vulcan, and with SignWriting, she ignited a flame that continues to light - Thank you dear Elena!

I am glad you got our small donation of SignWriting materials to the Scholarship Fund in Elena's name. And 5 presentations on SignWriting at the Conference in her honor - that just shows how much she inspired people. I did not know about the three SW research projects…I want to learn more when I can.

35 people for your SignWriting workshop in 2011 is a good number of people - and a waiting list for the next one?…that is outstanding … and the desire to write sign language poetry, and to teach in schools and to write well - that is the best!

I am happy to learn that you will be presenting your dissertation at the LREC Conference and other conferences. I look forward to reading your dissertation and seeing the videos - April and May are just around the corner...

Thank you again, Claudia, for writing this report, when I can see how busy you must be ...

Please send my best wishes to everyone and tell them I am here, in California, smiling and thinking about Italy!

Val ;-)

-------