ASL sign for "wake up"

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 4 19:55:18 UTC 2012

Marianne Stumpf's name sign is very similar.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Rafaela Silva <rsilva16 at MSN.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: ASL sign for "wake up"

We have the same sign at portuguese sign language, smile!

________________________________
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:37:44 -0700
From: icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

I would switch the order since you are starting with the closed eyes and closed finger position, so it would look like this.

Personally, if I were writing this, I wouldn't with the initial position because the open hinge describes the movement clearly enough (for me anyways). So this is how I would write WAKE UP if I were writing it myself.

Adam

On Jul 4, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Eduardo Trápani wrote:

Hi,

>I was about to write the sign for "wake up" in my language.  I
    thought the ASL one[1] would probably be similar, and it was, kind
    of.  But the order of the signs puzzles me.  Is it well written?