Definition of 'base symbol'

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 28 05:43:15 UTC 2012

For me, a base symbol is a basic configuration of the fingres and the thumb. The base configuration in ISWA tends to be on the edge facing left because that configuration shows all the fingers being articulated most clearly. Sometimes the clearest configuration is facing the reader. The "base" configuration is a defined configuration of fingers, thumb, palm. I don't know if that's clear, but it's what I go on.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
From: MARIA GALEA <maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 11:26 PM
Subject: Definition of 'base symbol'

Hi everyone,
Has anyone come across the definition of a base symbol - in the literature
or anywhere else? How would you define the base symbol of ISWA 2010? To
define it I'm explaining the whole system of rotations and orientations
for each given base symbol- but still how do you explain the base symbol -
does it represent NO rotation and orientation? (because actually it is
marked for rotation and orientation).
Complex question maybe..sorry- would appreciate any feedback.
thanks
Maria