LIBRAS Escrita (SignWriting) Workshops in Brazil continue...

Sun Jul 29 16:19:01 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
July 29, 2012

Dear SW List Members -
A few days ago, I had a great Skype conversation with Madson and Raquel Barreto from Brazil. It was a pleasure to meet them face to face. Four languages were used…English, ASL, Portuguese and LIBRAS…there were times when I had to look up a Portuguese word on Google Translate, and there were times when we did not completely understand each other, but on the other hand, we had a chance to get to know each other and if Skype had not frozen its picture several times, I am sure we could have communicated more. But we stopped and decided we would communicate more by email now, since at least that doesn't have a frozen screen! smile

But shall we never forget the miracle that the internet and Skype and other software provide us? It is amazing that we were able to meet each other from so far away...

Attached is a graphic showing information about the workshops that Madson and Raquel are teaching on SignWriting. They have also created their own web site and also written a book on SignWriting as you know. Thank you Madson and Raquel, for all you are doing… Please see this web site:

LIBRAS Escrita
http://www.librasescrita.com.br/

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: