Opening the knuckles from the hand, one finger at a time

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Mar 3 12:51:46 UTC 2012

I remember coming up with the "hand opening" sign in Brazil and we used it everywhere. I put an open circle where the first open finger started and then it was an arrow curving around the hand. That detail was enough so it wasn't super detailed (didn't show all fingers, just which finger started the opening).

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Opening the knuckles from the hand, one finger at a time

SignWriting List
March 1, 2012

Hello Madson, Charles, Stefan and everyone -

Big smile ;-)

There are two ways to write Finger Trills - both are fine. I personally prefer this one, which shows the progression of one finger closing or opening and then the next and the next and the next - one dot at a time - you start reading at the end of the arrow and move towards the arrowhead direction - These are very detailed symbols:

Hello Valerie and everyone