what is the sign for URUGUAY?

Fri Mar 23 22:41:05 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
March 23, 2012

Hello Roman, Eduardo, Stefan...

This is wonderful. I have copied the two signs for URUGUAY from the Argentinian SignPuddle dictionary to the Uruguayan SignPuddle dictionary…

So now there are two signs in your Uruguayan SignPuddle dictionary, Eduardo -

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.6/index.php?ui=5&sgn=143

If the signs are not the same in Uruguay, you can change the way they are written and re-save them in your SignPuddle...

Here are the two signs Roman showed us:

On Mar 23, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Roman Caceres wrote:

> Hi Valerie!
> In Argentina we use two different signs for Uruguay but, I am not sure if it is the same sign used in Uruguay. If you want to see them, search "Uruguay" in the Argentine dictionary.
> I hope this is useful,
> Roman
>

> On 3/23/12 1:59 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
>> SignWriting List
>> March 23, 2012
>>
>> Hello Eduardo!
>>
>> Just as Stefan asked below, we need to know the sign for URUGUAY.
>>
>> I need it so I can make an icon for your country in SignPuddle, in the directory area of SignPuddle.
>>
>> Does anyone know the sign for URUGUAY?
>>
>> How does the sign move, and what handshape does it use?
>>
>> Stefan mentioned a U handshape?
>>
>> Val ;-)
>>
>> --------
>>

>> On Mar 22, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
>>
>>> SignWriting List
>>> March 22, 2012
>>>
>>> Hello Eduardo, Stefan and everyone -
>>>
>>> WELCOME, Eduardo, to the SignWriting List and world-wide community of signwriters…
>>>
>>> I am so happy that Stefan Woehrmann, from Germany, welcomed you, since Stefan is one of the most skilled teachers of SignWriting. You can read about Stefan's work on our SignWriting web site:
>>>
>>> SignWriting in Germany
>>> http://www.signwriting.org/germany/
>>>
>>> And yes, Stefan, I did already tell Eduardo and Steve that I plan to create a SignPuddle for Uruguay…I am, as always, running late, but it is coming Eduardo…smile...
>>>
>>> So until it is ready, you are welcome to start using the ASL dictionary SignPuddle file, and then we can transfer your signs into the Uruguay SignPuddle dictionary as soon as it is ready -
>>>
>>> So if you want to start to write, Eduardo, go to:
>>>
>>> American Sign Language Dictionary SignPuddle
>>> http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=4
>>>
>>> and scroll down and register and login with a username and password
>>>
>>> Register first. Then close the file and open it again and Login with the username and password so the signs you write are yours to change and edit…
>>>
>>> Tell us the signs you write by placing your name in the Source area of the entry. I know this is very new for you. But do not worry, it will all become very easy soon…with everyone's help -
>>>
>>> we are like a big family, so do not hesitate to ask questions -
>>>
>>> I have to do an errand for my immediate family and then I am back to work on the following:
>>>
>>> 1. Preparing the entire Book of Mark in ASL for posting on the web, completed by Ronald Dettloff's Shores Deaf Church - great work that must be posted…
>>> 2. Preparing the Uruguay SignPuddle Dictionary and Literature files