iPhone App

Thu Mar 29 14:04:16 UTC 2012

Hi Arthaey,

On 3/28/12 8:34 PM, Arthaey Angosii wrote:
> On the other hand, I do have a lot of professional web development
> experience and would consider making a smartphone-friendly version of
> the SignPuddle website. (The site does work on my iPhone's web
> browser, but it could definitely be a smoother, easier experience.)
> Would you be interested in that?

I see you've already found the SignWriting Image Server (SWIS) on
GitHub.  SWIS creates the images for SignPuddle.  The latest version
includes the new searching routines.  https://github.com/Slevinski/swis

The document "Modern SignWriting" contains the latest design
specifications.  These specifications are implemented in SWIS.  Feedback
and reviews of this document are welcome.

The SignPuddle 2 update integrates the new searching routines which are
very fast and very accurate.  Searching is no longer based on cached
values, but uses live data.  This will be perfect for auto-complete and
many other exciting features.

We are currently testing SignPuddle 2.0 and I'm fixing the last few
issues.  After that, I will be working on editors for SWIS that will be
compatible with modern browsers, the iPad, and possibly mobile browsers.

Regards,
-Steve