ISWA 2010 font database is ready

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 5 02:55:46 UTC 2012

I am impressed with DELEGS, it does look like a unique glossing system.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: ISWA 2010 font database is ready

SignWriting List
May 2, 2012

Hi Charles -
Steve's message below was referring to something else -

SignPuddle 2.0 is now using the database font. It does not change how users use the software. It is on the technical level, behind the software, regarding how the ISWA 2010 symbols are retrieved - it is faster and cleaner to use the database font, from a programming perspective - so it is not changing how we use SignPuddle.

Regarding using SignWriter DOS…I am sure you know that it can be used right now?…I use SignWriter DOS occasionally still…If you want to do that, you can download DOSBox and install it, and then use SignWriter DOS inside DOSBox - It works on both Mac and Windows…SignWriter DOS is still very much alive.

http://www.dosbox.com

And then there is a wonderful new program for writing ASL and DGS (German Sign Language). Have you tried used DELEGS for ASL? It makes it possible to keyboard English and get the equivalent in ASL, drawing from the SignPuddle Online ASL database - you might consider it - I am really impressed with DELEGS…

http://www.delegs.com/DelegsPage/

Val ;-)

--------

So with this could we get back to what was possible with the old SignWriter program, able to switch between Roman alphabet sentences and SW signs and back again in the same message, search for a sign, find and replace, and all the other "normal" things for word processing? I'd love to be able to keyboard signs again instead of being dependent upon a mouse-driven program.