SignWriting in Brazil - obrigada!

Maria Clara Béssa Béssa clarabessabrasil at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 4 19:07:52 UTC 2012

Ok, Charles Ouvinte...vou fazer a tradução para entender as suas orientações de como traduzir. Hoje vou usar o sing puddle
clara

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:52:07 -0700
From: chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Subject: Re: SignWriting in Brazil - obrigada!
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Dearest people,
The correct title of Brazilian sign language is LIBRAS, it should not be translated POUNDS. It is an acronym of LINgua BRAsileira dos Sinais. (Brazilian Sign Language). Translation programs only go so far, this is one time when they break down. Libras, lower case, translates as pounds, as in weight. We need to send Google a proper translation for the upper case use of this word in Portuguese so that the translation program does not mistranslate
 it.
One would not translate USA as "he uses" but as United States of America.  Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.