Request for reviewers

Mon Oct 22 17:02:36 UTC 2012

Hi SignWriting List,

In two weeks time, I am going to submit my latest Internet Draft to the
IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force).  Each submission is valid for
6-months.  Over the process of 1 to 2 years, the review of this I-D will
help cement the standard for completeness and accuracy.  When this
process is finished, the work will be published as an RFC: request for
comment.  It will represent a standard that anyone can implement on the
internet without royalty or IP related issues.
http://signpuddle.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Internet_Draft

The RFC will be an authoritative standard document that is stable and
can be referenced for programming or academics.  The RFC process should
coincide with my completion of the SignPuddle Standard for SignWriting
Text infrastructure.
http://signpuddle.com

The SignWriting Image Server is ready with a prerelease candidate.
http://signpuddle.net/wiki/index.php/SignWriting_Image_Server

I have SWIS installed on Wikimedia Labs for any and all Wikipedia projects
http://swis.wmflabs.org
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org
http://bzs.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

I have SWIS installed on SignBank for SignPuddle Online and for the
general public.
http://signbank.org/swis

I'm hard at work on the Image Client.
http://signpuddle.net/wiki/index.php/SignWriting_Image_Client

I was recently reminded that the old SignMaker and SignText have browser
issues and other issues of inconvenience.  I know this to be true.  It's
next on my list.  At 50% operational, the infrastructure is a bit clunky
in parts.  The instability before 2012, caused massive rework that was
unavoidable and often wasted.

Before 2012, I could not have built the editors of tomorrow because I
didn't have a complete vision or a stable encoding.  The new user
interface experience is currently being built using the specification
contained in draft-slevinski-signwriting-text.

For the IETF process, I will need 2 types of reviewers: general and
qualified.  Anyone can be a general reviewer.  Read through, request
clarification or expansion, find inconsistencies and errors, suggest
sections that can be added or removed.

This is an open request to anyone on the SignWriting List or the
Internet in general.  Please consider reviewing my document over the
next year or two.  As I start the IETF process, I will know more
specifics about the role of the reviewers and the qualifications required.

Here are the prerelease links,
PDF -
http://signpuddle.net/download/draft-slevinski-signwriting-text-pre.pdf
HTML -