Request for reviewers

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Oct 22 17:58:04 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
October 22, 2012

Hello Steve and everyone on the SW List -

This work is so mind-blowing, Steve, that one of the reasons you may not receive too many messages from all of us is that we are not sure what to say...

I say two things - THANK YOU - and yes, I will be honored to be one of your many reviewers!

And I hope others will choose to review your work too...

Admiration and awe are two other words I feel as I read your list of accomplishments below. Without your work, we could not have any Wikipedias in written sign languages, because the Wikimedia servers could not handle the SignWriting Script, without your specialized software development…the SignWriting MediaWiki Plugin, the SignWriting Image Server (SWIS) and other developments...

And I know a standard way to handle the SignWriting Script on the internet is just what all sign language communities need, to write, preserve and share their written sign languages with the world - so you are taking the lead in this big step forward…

By the way, everyone, just a side note…We are planting the seeds for a Brazilian LIBRAS Wikipedia…it will take time…but volunteers are needed…If you are interested, please write to tell us...

And congratulations, Steve, for installing the new SWIS! I will look at it now -

Val ;-)

--------

-----

signwriting at mac.com
www.signwriting.org

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc