AW: New handshapes for the ISWA 2010

Wed Sep 19 15:22:08 UTC 2012

Hi Stefan and list,

I just finished talking with Val.  Realizing this is a long term
project, she is open to the idea of new handshapes and new facial
expressions.  Other than that, we are closing Pandora's box.

In theory, I would like to package this all together in a single release
called the ISWA 2010 Addendum.  Like I said, long term project.

At first, each new symbol will need real life pictures and concept
symbol design.  Valerie mentioned creating a special area on the web to
coordinate the work.

Of course we'll need Valerie's time to review and comment on each
symbol.  This will be asking a lot of her as the ISWA 2010 is her
invention and she has a vision that binds the symbols together.  New
symbols will not be added if she is not in full agreement. I understand
that these issues can bring large emotions, but please be respectful and
considerate.

Eventually, each new symbol will need font design work that includes
both PNG and SVG.  When we have everything ready, we can release the
ISWA 2010 Addendum and continue writing towards a bright future.

Life is fun, eh?
-Steve