second article in the ASL Wikipedia has been posted!

Thu Sep 20 14:55:46 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
September 20, 2012

Dear SW List -

The second article in the ASL Wikipedia has been posted!

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc

Many thanks to Nancy Romero for doing the ASL translation of the second article on Laurent Clerc. It is based on the English article of Laurent Clerc, in the English Wikipedia. Nancy wrote the ASL translation in SignPuddle and then Adam Frost posted it in the ASL Wikipedia. Later, when Steve installs the new editing capabilities in the ASL Wikipedia, we will be able to write directly in the ASL Wikipedia, but right now we are writing the articles in SignPuddle...

It is wonderful to have a second article in the new ASL Wikipedia!

I am so happy to have the beginnings of a real Wikipedia in written sign languageā€¦ Later we can have Wikipedias in other sign languages too...

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu