Font for ISWA 2010

Fri Sep 21 18:13:57 UTC 2012

Hi Eduardo,

On 9/21/12 10:02 AM, Eduardo TrĂ¡pani wrote:
> I had been trying with a python script like the one you
> posted.  Right now, with your script and a couple modifications, I can
> finally create the font.

That's great news.  I'm glad I attached the script.

> The only problem: fontforge gets the svg
> fillings wrong.  I've been trying to fix that, I will report if I succeed.

Good luck.  Can you explain how it is getting the fillings wrong?

I doubt it's related, but I know of one person who requested I add the
viewBox attribute to the SVG.  I made a special font for them to try
out, but I never heard if it helped.

Example...
<svg width="15" height="30" viewBox="0 0 15 30"

> My idea is to map some glyphs to the first Unicode page, just to make
> sure things work.  Only then I will move to the private area.  Once that
> is done, I expect to make the font Graphite-compatible.  And then, after
> the Graphite programming is done, applications like Firefox could read
> the Unicode stream!

Excellent.  I believe this has lots of promise.  I have this on my to-do
list, but never dived into the Graphite code because I never had a
working font.  This was before I had the database fonts, so if all else
fails you may be able to use the SQLite fonts.

> Thanks again for the script and the information and, if you know of
> somebody trying to do something similar, I'd be glad to join efforts.

I have spoken with a couple of Graphite programmers, but they were
always confused by the idea of a 2-dimensional script with number
characters.

Regards,
-Steve