For Marquita - ASL Thesis project using SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Apr 6 16:02:48 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
April 6, 2013

Hello Marquita, Steve and everyone -

Great to be communicating on the SignWriting List -

Marquita - although SignWriter Studio is a new desktop program that holds promise, it is still under development… and the same for the SignWriting fonts related to Graphite - so those two programs need to wait -

I am asking that we use SignPuddle Online right now - I will help you step by step to use SignPuddle Online for your thesis on ASL…

Later, if you wish to purchase a desktop version of SignPuddle, called the PersonalPuddle, of course you are welcome to do that:

PersonalPuddle Desktop Software
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=60.0

and you can upload your files from your desktop into SignPuddle Online when you want to share your files, so the PersonalPuddle is a good program, but meanwhile SignPuddle Online is free…so let's use the Online version first, and then you can order the desktop version any time you wish -

I like the Online version because then we can see your writing to give you feedback -

So now, go to the SignPuddle for ASL:

SignPuddle for ASL
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-US

and click on the Dictionary for dictionary work, and click on Literature if you want to read or write a document… Register by scrolling down and to the left there is a button for registering. Once you have registered, leave SignPuddle and then open it again and this time, Login, with your new login and password, so your writing can only be changed by you and the Editors like me - most people cannot change other people's writings online - they can only read what you write - but you can make changes to your own writing -

What do you want to write in ASL?

Describe your project to us -

Val ;-)

-------