Terminology - your advice?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 14 18:02:10 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
August 14, 2013

Hello Deborah!
Thank you for this message. Happy to hear from you - I am glad you are enjoying SignWriting -

Since you are studying at The Crown College of the Bible, and are interested in Bible translations in ASL… I hope you have already visited these spots?

ASLGospel.org
http://www.aslgospel.org

ASL Bible Books
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=151

ASL Bible Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=28

Beautiful work by Nancy Romero and the Deaf Shores Church in Michigan - thank you!

And I am sure you know about this newly printed book, the complete Gospel According to John in ASL, translated from the NLT by Nancy Romero?

NEW BOOK: Gospel According to John in ASL
In Four Formats:

PDF (71.6 mb)
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs8/sw0751_ASLBible_Gospel_John_Complete_NLT.pdf

Keynote (85.8 mb)
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs10/sw0918_ASLBible_Gospel_According_To_John_NLT.key

PowerPoint (174.9 mb) (this is a very large file)
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs10/sw0919_ASLBible_Gospel_According_To_John_NLT.ppt

Purchase Printed Book
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=64.0

I love the printed book…it is perfect bound and blue and white - truly lovely ;-)

And yes, as you say, SignWriting is bigger than any one of us…

Of course you are right we need ASL translations of the terminology I asked about - but at this moment I am asking about the English terminology, because I am working on posting new documents related to learning SignWriting…I too would like to have truly bi-lingual web sites… so thank you for the thought...

I guess, for simplicity's sake, I will use the following terminology…reading a document in SignPuddle Online is an "online document".…I will not worry about how the online web pages are programmed ;-)

And regarding workshops - I think Skype would be a great solution for you. Or, if you know of a group that would like to have a teacher, then we can arrange for a teacher to come to your group…

Thanks for writing, Deborah -

Val ;-)