Software testing, electronic flashcards and French translation

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Aug 18 16:03:03 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
August 18, 2013

Hello André and everyone -
Thank you for this message and thank you for offering to translate the Parkhurst's "A Cross-Linguistic Guide to SignWriting" into French. That will be used immediately…I look forward to posting it on this web page:

SignWriting Lessons Books in French
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/French.html

Jonathan Duncan, software developer of SignWriter Studio (www.signwriterstudio.com), and I were both pleased to read that you are using SignWriter Studio, combined with SignPuddle Online (www.signpuddle.org). Jonathan will be building in searching routines into SignWriter Studio now, but the searching routines are different than the ones in SignPuddle Online (I believe this is true...am I correct in saying that, Jonathan?) so I think both programs enhance each other with a variety of search routines...

So your feedback on the software, André, will be much appreciated -

Thank you for ideas on Flashcards too - A lot to think about -

Enjoy learning Quebec Sign Language (LSQ) and have a great autumn -

Val ;-)