SIGN WRITING MARKUP LANGUAGE

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 3 22:50:25 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
February 3, 2013

Hello!
And welcome to the SignWriting List.

In the old days (many years ago ;-) we did have code called SWML, SignWriting Markup Language, developed by such software pioneers as Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa from Brazil, programmers from Flanders, and for a while there was a form of SWML in our first SignPuddle program too...and there are some programs that continue to use SWML today…however we consider it out of date now and are using other coding methods. We are happy to help you with this.

Today, we are using code that is generated with SignPuddle Online. Go to:

SignPuddle Online
http://www.signpuddle.org

and click on the American flag to find the American Sign Language section. Click on the American dictionary file, and search for the sign for APPLE …

The exact url for that is:

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=4&sid=1384&sTrm=apple&type=any&sTxt=&sSrc=&

and attached is a screen capture of the sign for "apple" …I placed arrows on the screen capture to point to the area where you can click to get the code for that sign and the sign definition that is written to the right of it. Try this and write again with questions…

See attached:

------

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: