anyone in touch with Harald Bentz H øgseth?

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 26 09:38:02 UTC 2013

Hello Erica and Val,

As I have not been in contact with him for a long time, I now searched for him using a Norwegian search engine, and found his facebook profile at

http://www.facebook.com/harald.bentz.hogseth

He is still a university faculty member

Hope this will help you,

Ingvild

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:10:14 -0800
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: Re: anyone in touch with Harald Bentz Høgseth?
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListFebruary 25, 2013
Hello Erika!Thank you for your question about Harald Bentz Høgseth. Harald wrote his dissertation on the most unique topic: " Håndverkerens redskapskasse", which translated from the Norwegian means: "Craftsman's Toolbox". It is really about how Viking or Scandinanvian craftsmen cut the timber that then was used to make their famous sleek boats…. Harald sent me a video of a craftsman cutting logs, and then asked me to write the movements. As you know, my writing of the movements of cutting logs, written in Sutton Movement Writing, starts on this web page:
Craftsmen GesturesWriting Gesture for Scientific Studieshttp://www.movementwriting.org/science/
The writing goes on for many web pages:http://www.movementwriting.org/science/timber/
and this work was then published in Harald's dissertation in 2007, in Norway.
I have his printed book of his dissertation sitting right here on my desk as I write this email to you - I believe Harald gave me permission to post his dissertation…I have cced Harald in this email…
Harald - How are you? Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway is an anthropologist and is interested in your work…
Val ;-)

On Feb 25, 2013, at 8:33 AM, Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway <erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU> wrote:Hi all!
I was wondering Valerie, or anyone else on the list, is currently in touch with Harald Bentz Høgseth? I'd like to ask him for help finding some of his publications (his work in archaeology, embodied knowledge, and language relate to my interests in a lot of ways, so I'd also just like to say hi and introduce myself to him).

Thanks!
Best,
Erika

--