Happy Birthday to Steve Slevinski ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 15 17:12:55 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
January 15, 2013

Hello Steve!
Thank you for this message and we too look forward to working with you in 2013!

And thank you for this technical report, posted to the SignWriting List. This is a great idea, Steve, to report to the List, since it is recorded in the SignWriting List Archives and we will have a permanent record this way.

I visited www.SignPuddle.com. It is a well-designed and easy to understand web page. Congratulations on developing SignWriting as Text and not graphics. It is a big job, and I see the Infrastructure is at 65% - this is good progress!

Your Modern SignWriting (MSW), Steve, is something I marvel at…I am glad we started partnering in 2004 and that you continue your inventive and important work - we really need the Editors in the sign language Wikipedias and I know you are working towards that goal -

So everyone, by the end of 2013 it is our hope that the Wikipedias in SignWriting Text …such as the ASL Wikipedia (which is a test project right now http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org) will become easier to use and more established within the Wiki world…by the end of the year we are hoping that other sign languages will be able to start their own Wikipedias quickly and easily - right now we are glad to help, but we are still testing the ASL Wikipedia - so we will continue to add ASL articles slowly while Steve is working on the back end to make the software easier to use -

It is all very exciting and THANK YOU again Steve for making this all possible -

Val ;-)

PS.Thanks to Eduardo Trápani and Jonathan Duncan as well, for the work you are doing…and to the software developers in Hamburg, Germany…and to all programmers and developers and encoders who work with SignWriting in some way - Your projects are welcome and appreciated…

-----------

---------

------

---------

signwriting at mac.com

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc