delegs editor default ASL SignPuddle

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 22 17:49:58 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
January 22, 2013

Hello Stefan and everyone -

Thank you for these great updates to the DELEGS (or Delegs) software. I think it is important to capitalize the proper name "delegs" or otherwise it looks like a regular word that is not a proper name, and I don't know what you mean…I suppose a capital D in the beginning of the term would be good enough, or placing the word "software" after it would help…Delegs software….but it is a proper name of a software product, and therefore, in English, would be capitalized at least in the beginning of the word, just like the name Valerie starts with a capital V…

Thank you for making it possible to find one's language faster…Although I do not know of any teachers here in the US translating textbooks into written ASL and wanting to write horizontally, that may happen in time, or perhaps it is happening right now and I do not know about it - Lots of people use SignWriting now and I am not aware of it - I would like to create a web article about Delegs one of these days to inform more people…

Can you add LSQ (Quebec Sign Language)? That is a request from teachers in Quebec who use SignWriting in their classroom:

Quebec Sign Language SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=4&sgn=47

Andre requested it -

Thank you so much Stefan and your team - we appreciate your work -

Val ;-)

-------